Solution Provider Programme
Across Retail chains in the country and worldwide, GS1 barcodes are scanned to facilitate accurate consumer billing, stocks management in retail stores/warehouses, correct dispatches and for track & trace, product recalls and counterfeit detection/ product authentication with over 5 billion GS1 barcode scans each day.
GS1 product codes are also used by online shopping portals like Amazon, eBay, FlipKart, Snapdeal, Myntra etc as well to identify millions of SKUs offered by them for online ordering. Google endorses GS1 product codes for enhanced product search as well.
Besides Retail, several Government bodies have mandated the use of GS1 barcodes to facilitate track & trace, product recall and product authentication. It includes DGFT, Min. of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, and various State Health and Excise departments. This trend is likely to cover several other consumer products as well in the near future.
To comply with the regulatory guidelines and to be able to sell their products through retail/e-tail channels, manufacturers require technical assistance in implementing GS1 standards on their product packaging as well as in their internal IT applications. If you wish to provide this technical assistance to manufacturers/suppliers, you can opt to register with us in any of the following category(ies):
1. Barcode Solution Providers
This category of solution providers offer complete barcode and labelling solutions, such as barcode generation/designing software, readers & hand held terminals, printers, etc.
2. Authentication Solution Providers
If you offer track and trace and anti-counterfeit solutions, to help companies comply with various domestic and international regulatory requirements, this would be the category for you to enroll in.
3. Online Printing Solution Providers
Enroll under this category if you offer solutions to print barcodes, and other variable information, such as MRP, expiry date, batch number, etc., directly on product packaging (including cartons) during the production process.
4. System Integrators
These are companies offering integrated and turn-key software and hardware solutions for incorporation of GS1 standards with internal IT applications.
5. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Providers
These companies offer hardware and software solutions, such as RFID readers, antennas, printers, transponders, chips, tags, etc., to support RFID implementations.
Benefits of registering with us
- On receipt of fee, solution providers’ company details (with contact information) will be hosted on websites of GS1 India (www.gs1india.org) and GS1 Global (www.gs1.org), which can be accessed by GS1 subscribers worldwide.
- Once accepted as a registered Solution Provider, the company would be permitted to use our tagline “GS1 India solution Provider” on its official stationary.
- On every reference that obtains GS1 Company Prefix number from GS1 India, you will be entitled to receive 10% of one-time registration fee paid by subscriber companies.
- Two of your staff members will get free access to GS1 e-learn courses, worth Rs 13,680, each year.
- Free trainings to your team will be provided by GS1 India from time to time.
- GS1 India is a neutral Standards body that does not promote any solution provider exclusively.
- Registration does not imply ‘Accreditation’.
- The use of GS1 India’s logo will not be permitted in any form.
- Statement on incentive payable is required to be submitted with invoice on a monthly basis to GS1 India for companies registered by the solution provider.
Solution Provider Programme
Solution providers can opt to register under single or multiple categories. Below are the fees for different solution provider categories:
|Solution Providers Fee Structure
||Annual Fee* (In rupees)
(Rupees in crore)
|Up to 5
|Above 5 till 25
|Above 25 till 50
|Above 50 till 100
|Above 100 till 250
*The fee stated above does not include service tax. Please add service tax as applicable while paying.
|EPC RFID - Solution Provider Fee
Annual Sales (Rupees in crores)
||One Time Fee (In Rupees)
|0 - 25
|26 - 50
|51 - 100
|101 - 150
|151 - 200
|201 - 250
|251 - 500
|501 - 1000
|1001 - 2000
|2001 - 4000
- GS1 India reserves the right to modify the fee structure at its discretion and without prior notice.
The following documents are required to be submitted for registration.
- Filled Registration Form
- Copy of PAN card of the applicant company. In case of Proprietorship firm, copy of PAN card of the Proprietor.
- Proof of status of applicant company
- For Proprietorship firm, provide a copy of VAT Registration certificate
- For Partnership firm, provide a copy of VAT Registration certificate/ Partnership deed
- For Pvt. Ltd / Public Ltd etc., provide a copy of ROC / ROS / MOA / VAT Registration certificate.
- Forwarding / Request letter on company letterhead requesting for registration.
- Copy of your balance sheet as on 31st March, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
How to pay?
Registration fee can be paid by paying Online/DD/NEFT only.
For paying through electronic transfer of funds (NEFT) to GS1 India (any bank),
Bhikaji Cama Place Branch
Current Account No.
In the name of GS1 India
NEFT Code: VIJB 0006020
MICR Code: 110029018
Bhikaji Cama Place Branch
Current Account No:
In the Name of: GS1 India
NEFT code: CORP 0000373
MICR Code: 110017008
For paying by DD / pay order – In favour of “GS1 India”
- payable at Delhi (if sending the documents at Delhi)
- payable at Mumbai (if sending the documents at Mumbai)
Address for correspondence
330, 2nd Floor, ‘C’ Wing, August Kranti
Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place,
New Delhi - 110066
Tel : + 91 (11) 26168720/ 721 / 725,
Fax: + 91 (11) 26168730,
C/o MSME Development Institute
Andheri Kurla Road, Sakinaka
Mumbai – 400072
Tel : + 91 (22) 28576516 / 517
Fax: + 91 (22) 28579539
C/o Kassia Bhawan,
3rd Floor, 2/106, 17th Cross
Magadi Chord Road, Vijayanagar Bangalore – 560040
Tel : +91-80-23405552