Get a Barcode
GS1 barcodes enable you to sell your products through modern retail channels (in-store and online)
1. Unambiguous and universal identification of products
GS1 barcode, starting with prefix 890, provides unambiguous and universal identification to your products.
The unique product code could then be encoded to various barcode forms – liner barcode, QR code, Datamatrix , etc., based on the requirement to enable instant capture of product information.
These barcode for products enables authentication of its authorised owner, helping differentiate with product lookalikes.
3. Free Barcode Management with DataKart Service
Get free access to our DataKart service to easily assign and manage GTINs for their products. This helps avoid duplication of barcode. DataKart also enables:
- View of all products information, their attributes, images, etc. from a single screen
- Generate artwork for designing barcodes
- View complete product lifecycle
4. Comply with the product data requirements of Ministry of Consumer Affairs
DataKart also feeds the Smart Consumer mobile app of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, and enabling compliance with requirements on providing customer care details, etc., digitally.
5. Enhance online search results
Search engine giant Google has revealed a 40% improvement in search results when the GTIN (barcode number) is used within the product webpage, leading to higher visibility and more business. Read about Google’s GTIN Requirement.
6. Complying with Regulations
National and international regulations currently requiring/endorsing the need for GS1 barcodes on products. Some of these are:
- DGFT Public Notice No. 52 2015/2020 mandates use of GS1 barcodes on exported medicines to facilitate track & trace and authentication
- U.S. FDA Regulation for Unique Device Identifier (UDI) for medical devices
7. Other reasons for barcoding products
- Give an international look and feel to products
- Facilitate inventory management by ensuring correct consignment dispatches as per customer orders
- Enable automated data capture with 100% information accuracy, eliminating human errors
Bumberry Baby Products Private Limited
Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., (AMUL)
I B A Crafts Pvt. Ltd.
Elite Agarbathi Works
Em & Em Personal care
Universal Sportsbiz Private Limited
Gopaljee Dairy Foods Pvt. Ltd. (RSD Group)
Jain Incense Corporation
Did you know?
We are the only authorised agency to issue GS1 barcodes to Indian companies.
Disclaimer: GS1 India does not appoint/promote/empanel any facilitator, intermediaries, or agents, etc., for allocation of GS1 barcode numbers and its services. If any member of public deals with such unauthorized persons or with any people claims to be an agent of GS1 India, will be doing so entirely at their own risk and responsibilities.
Contact GS1 India offices directly for allocation of GS1 barcode numbers.